Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Brown Sugar Pancakes

What a mouthful. But trust me, they are totally worth it.  I originally found this recipe on epicurious.com forever ago, and it has served me well many times. I mean, I ate almost all of these by myself... 




Lemon Blueberry Brown Sugar Pancakes


Makes about 10 pancakes


1 large egg
1 TBL lemon zest
3/4 C milk
3 TBL dark brown sugar
2 TBL butter melted
3/4 C and 2 TBL flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C blueberries


In small bowl, whisk to ether egg, zest, milk, brown sugar, and butter.  In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk together until just combined.  Stir in blueberries gently. 


Heat a medium pan to medium low heat and add butter. Let the butter melt completely before adding the batter.  Pour batter in 1/3 C measures. Cook until golden brown on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment